Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Heavenly Hashbrown Quiche

Do you ever get tired of the same old breakfast foods every day? I do. Sometimes I just want to mix things up a bit and try something different. It's a good way to start the day, and I really do believe that breakfast is our most important meal. In fact, I make a hot breakfast for me and the kiddos every morning. Barry is on his own, though, because I'm not up yet! LOL!!

So while I pondered making something different for Easter breakfast, I found this recipe in an old cookbook I had laying around and decided it was just the ticket because it sounded positively yummy! Now let me just assure you, it was a hit! It was very easy to put together, didn't take any uncommon ingredients, and was so savory that there was not a crumb left in the pie plate. I did make some minor adjustments, but trust me, they just made it better. And the great thing about this quiche? You can add in all kinds of combinations of veggies! Use your imagination! The recipe here is the watered down version, but I am already considering the possibilities. Zucchini, broccoli, onions, red peppers...you simply must try it!

Heavenly Hashbrown Quiche

3 c. frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
1/3 c. butter, melted

1 c. fully cooked ham, diced
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. green pepper, diced
3eggs
2/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Begin by pressing the hashbrowns between 2 paper towels to remove the excess moisture. Press them onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate and drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 25 minutes. The hashbrowns will start to brown. Oh my, can you just taste them?

Now, combine the ham, cheese, and green pepper, and spoon it into the crust. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and pour over the rest of the ingredients.

Reduce the heat to 350 and bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting, so the center will set up nicely. Now, stand back and watch it disappear!

Coming Soon.... Sour Cream Cookies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment