Thursday, November 26, 2009

Mini Pumpkin Cakes


Are you really searching blogs on Thanksgiving morning looking for ideas on what to serve your guests today? Seriously?!

That's okay, we're procrastinators too! We love the thrill, the rush, and the panic of making something totally new, last minute, and hoping it turns out fabulous the first time out of the kitchen. It makes us feel ALIVE!

Well, in case you need a stellar dessert this Thanksgiving weekend, we have a great idea for you - one we came up with at the last minute too. Not long ago, we shared with you our Pumpkin and Spice Muffins that we think taste just like pumpkin roll. BUT, muffins can't be your dessert on a holiday as big and wonderful as Thanksgiving, so this is our idea.......wait for it..........

Little Pumpkin Cakes!

Make a single batch of Pumpkin Muffin batter. Pour half the batter- about 2-1/2 cups worth - into a greased and lightly floured 9x13 pan. Pour the other half into another 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for........um......gee, I don't remember. I know I set the timer for 10 minutes, then a couple more......wow! I can't tell you exactly how long I baked it, but I know I kept a close eye on it. I was thinking it didn't take as long as the muffins did. Sorry! But I'm making these the night before Thanksgiving for Pete's sake - I'm under a lot of pressure here!

Moving on......When they are perfectly baked, remove from the oven and let cool. Using a 79 cent circular cookie cutter, 3 inches in diameter, cut out 12 circles from each pan.

Set one circle on a plate. Top with cream cheese frosting. Lay another circle on top and smear with more cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top for fun. Repeat 12 times!

How fantastic is that?!

Happy Thanksgiving from our kitchens to yours!!!


1 comments:

Sheri said...

These were a huge hit at Thanksgiving!!! Toot, Toot!

Post a Comment