Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chicken Piccata Al Limone

I don't loooooove chicken, but if I'm looking over a menu and I spy an entree' that describes tender chicken breasts bathed in lemon and decorated with capers, it's hard for me to think of ordering anything BUT the "lemonized" chicken.

Turns out, making this wonderful dish at home is simple, quick, and just as tasty. The lemon does not overwhelm the bird, it just gives the chicken a subtle touch of fabulous zing...and who doesn't like a little zing?

Chicken Piccata Al Limone

4 Chicken Breasts
Plain, (all-purpose) Flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
One Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/3 Cup Dry White Wine
One Cup Chicken Stock
3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Capers, rinsed
One Tablespoon Finely Chopped Parsley

Place the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until an even thickness. Lightly dust each side with flour.

Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan. Fry the chicken over moderately high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Season and transfer to a warm plate.

Add the wine to the pan, increase the heat to high and boil until there are just 3-4 tablespoons of liquid left. Pour in the stock and boil for 4-5 minutes, or until it has reduced and slightly thickened. Add the lemon juice and capers and cook, stirring, for one minute. Taste for seasoning, then return the chicken to the pan and heat through for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with parsley and serve at once. Garnish with additional capers.

Enjoy!


This chicken was so beautiful I couldn't decide which picture to use....the one in the skillet or the one on the plate, so I'm giving you BOTH!

9 comments:

Kuckie said...

YUM! I made this tonight for dinner and it was a hit, even with the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

oh my GOD I can't believe how amazing this came out! I am so impressed with myself! THANK YOU!

Sheri said...

Hello Anonymous!
Sooo happy that you impressed yourself! lol! It IS a fabulous recipe, isn't it?!?!! You're Welcome!

kim said...

update! The boyfriend LOVED it too! I am going to try it with shrimp tonight.. Great job ladies!

"Anonymous" KIM! Boston, MA

Kaei said...

What do you normally serve it with or over?

Sheri said...

Hello Kaei!
I like to serve it with Veggies and Orzo

http://partyinthepantry.blogspot.com/2009/05/veggies-with-touch-of-orzo.html

Anonymous said...

I made this for dinner tonight with the Veggies and Orzo.. It was wonderful!! My kids even ate thier veggies..

Anonymous said...

Made it tonight and it was gorgeous! Only thing I added was a little corn starch slurry to thicken the sauce a bit. I served the chicken with butter & parsley noodles & green beans.

Amanda said...

It was a hit with the whole family, even the picky one!!

Post a Comment